Malpais: A Spanish term for an area of land with layers of basaltic lava with little or no soil.
The definition of Malpais is a seamless analogue for the surface of this brooch, as it was formed accidentally, while I was performing a series of experiments my workshop. Brooches are too often neglected in today’s jewellery boxes, but Malpais is a true work of art, and I am proud to show it off. What will you pair with its unusual, unplanned textures?
- Hand crafted in Loveness Lee's London workshop.
- Individually cast in Bronze and Patinated in the UK.
- Available in both Classic Bronze and Light Olive Green
- Following Patination surface treatment, each piece is sealed to ensure the longevity of the finish.
- Due to the hand-crafted nature of all Loveness Lee jewellery there may be slight variations from the images shown.
- Our shipping and returns policy is available here.
- For care instructions please click here.