Chinese Zodiac Dragon Gold Pendant Necklace
The Chinese zodiac Dragon necklace is inspired by the ancient Chinese calligraphy character of Dragon (Long 龍), the fifth of the twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac. The Dragon is the only imaginary or fantastical animal in the zodiac, and – perhaps because of its mythical origins – it is the sign possessing the most vitality, strength, and power. Dragons are born with strong minds and develop even stronger tongues, which can lead to a reputation for quick-temperedness. However, these traits most often manifest in a burning passion for life, reflecting the ancient Chinese belief that Dragons were dominant, ambitious creatures capable of ruling over everything in the world.
Chinese calligraphy is an aestheticised form of handwriting, a way of expressing language as an art form filled with meaning. Each piece in this collection is hand-carved by Loveness Lee as a way of practicing Chinese calligraphy in metal, a shared form of expression between two intimate forms of handcraft. Loveness Lee skilfully weaves history and tradition into stunning abstract designs: your own small slice of destiny and fortune, to be worn, gifted, treasured, and loved.
NB: The Chinese zodiac calendar begins at Chinese New Year, which falls on a different date between 21 January and 20 February each year. If you were born in January or February, take extra care in determining your sign, and check whether your birthday fell before or after Chinese New Year. We have a Chinese Zodiac date explorer here.
- Currently out of stock pieces can be made to order at no extra cost, click here to contact us if your desired item is out of stock.
- Hand crafted in Loveness Lee's London workshop.
- 18ct Gold plated Sterling Silver.
- 18ct Gold Plated Sterling Silver 18" chain.
- Hallmarked at the Assay Office London.
- Due to the hand-crafted nature of all Loveness Lee jewellery there may be slight variations from the images shown.
- Our shipping and returns policy is available here.
- For care instructions please click here.