Chinese Zodiac Snake Gold Pendant Necklace
The Chinese zodiac Snake necklace is influenced by the ancient Chinese calligraphy of Snake (She 蛇), the sixth of the twelve signs of the Chinese zodiac. Traditionally held to be the most enigmatic and inscrutable among the animals of the zodiac, individuals born in the year of the Snake are endowed with enhanced intuition and a refined sense of judgement. Snakes can be private, even taciturn, but this is only because of their resolve, desire to succeed, and dislike of failure. Wise, thoughtful, and considered, a Snake will always find a way to achieve their goals.
Chinese calligraphy is the tradition of handwriting as an art form: an aesthetic, physical expression of language. Each piece in this collection is hand-carved by Loveness Lee as a way of practicing Chinese calligraphy in metal, a reciprocal relationship between two personal forms of handcraft. Loveness Lee skilfully weaves history and tradition into stunning abstract designs: your own small slice of destiny and fortune, to be worn, gifted, treasured, and loved.
NB: The Chinese zodiac calendar begins at Chinese New Year, which falls on a different date between 21 January and 20 February each year. If you were born in January or February, take extra care in determining your sign, and check whether your birthday fell before or after Chinese New Year. We have a Chinese Zodiac date explorer here.
- Currently out of stock pieces can be made to order at no extra cost, click here to contact us if your desired item is out of stock.
- Hand crafted in Loveness Lee's London workshop.
- 18ct Gold plated Sterling Silver.
- 18ct Gold Plated Sterling Silver 18" chain.
- Hallmarked at the Assay Office London.
- Due to the hand-crafted nature of all Loveness Lee jewellery there may be slight variations from the images shown.
- Our shipping and returns policy is available here.
- For care instructions please click here.